Beta 2 Backup Issue

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by brainsys, Sep 29, 2020.

1. brainsys

brainsys Member

Using 3.2dev20200928 on Debian 10.

This morning when I checked the daily backup I set up yesterday on the test Wordpress website - I found only the database sql.gz backed up. So I did a manual backup of the web files. This worked but the database backup disappeared. If I backed that up again the web files tar.gz disappeared and so on. It appears that on both automatic and manual the number of backups made is one. On Ispconfig 3.1 - it's 1 copy of all - so if you have two databases you get three backups.

When I increased backups to 2 I could backup both database and web files. But I don't think that's the meaning of number of backups.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This sounds familiar, it may have been discussed in the MR with all the backup changes a while back. I agree, if you are allowed '1' backup, it should be of your web, databases and email, not just one of them.

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

4. brainsys

brainsys Member

Thank you. Another possible wrinkle. Maybe it's my misunderstanding or a bug. It's the ispconfig user theme. I wanted to change the favicon displayed on a browser tab.

I copied the default to a new directory and changed the favicons. Setting the theme to the new directory had no effect. I had to swop the directories to get them to change. It looks like it defaults to default whatever the theme setting.

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer