Billing function

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by nordeep, Sep 6, 2005.

1. nordeep

nordeep New Member

Hi.
    What about some billing function in ISPConfig ?
    Thank you.

2. Tribal-Dolphin

Tribal-Dolphin ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

The billing function is on the 42go ISP Manager version. It's removed in ISPConfig and i think it will not be enabled in the future.

3. benbalbo

benbalbo ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I was planning on writing a billing manager for ISPConfig, as mentioned when I asked for CVS access. Now obviously I'm free to do this on my installation, but I would like to give back to the open source project.

Is there any objection from the point of view that this is in 42go? Given it's in 42go already, would it make sense to make the two compatible for any clients that want to upgrade to 42go?

Is there already an upgrade path from ISPComplete to 42go? If not, then the ability to migrate billing data is not so important.

I would like to seek any comments on this before I start so I can take all input into account. Please let me know if:

- you have any concerns about the development of this feature
    - you have any requirements or suggestions for this feature
    - you know how you'd write it and want to give me the benefit of your ideas
    - you want to help

Thanks!
    Ben

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi Ben,

we appreciate your effort. We will support it by donating the current code from the 42go billing system to the ISPConfig project.

Currently the release of ISPConfig 2.1.1 is in progress, we will upload the code in the SVN repository after 2.1.1 the release.

Till

5. benbalbo

benbalbo ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Thanks Till! I have to mirror other comments I've read in this forum about your and your colleagues' superb effort in maintaining this open source version of the product. It really is refreshing and most welcome!!

I hope I can help in even a small way compared to the way you guys have...

Ben

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The code of the billing system is now available in SVN. The code is not tested yet and the integration of the invoice plugin in the Web form is still issing. I will will have a look at these parts in the next few days.