Billing module fails to load Invoice tab

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Riaan, May 4, 2020.

1. Riaan

Riaan New Member

Hi there,
    I have ISPConfig 3.1dev and Billing module 2.0.2 installed. Billing was working fine up to a point when I installed PHP 7.4 on Ubuntu 16.04. ISPConfig seems to work fine but the Billing module doesn't load the Invoice|Invoices tab anymore. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place to find the logs, but I can't seem to find any errors.
    Has someone had this issue before?
    Kind regards,
    Riaan

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Probably your old Billing Module version is not compatible with PHP 7.4.

As a sidenote, ISPConfig itself does not support PHP 7.4 on Ubuntu 16.04. You can use PHP 7.4 as an additional PHP version, but never exchange the system PHP of a distribution as this can cause all kinds of problems and malfunctions in installed software that uses PHP. The main PHP of the system gets updated when you do a dist upgrade of the server, e.g. by upgrading to Ubuntu 18.04.

3. Riaan

Riaan New Member

I'm not aware of an update for the billing module?

4. till

The Billing module you use has been released in 2017, so it's nearly 3 years old, you can keep using that old version but have to switch back the system PHP as I mentioned in my post above. The current version is 2.0.9 and has been released in January 2020 and has been tested with all PHP versions that ISPConfig supports, the highest PHP version supported by ISPConfig at the moment is PHP 7.3, support for PHP 7.4 will be added soon when we add support for Ubuntu 20.04.

5. Riaan

Riaan New Member

Thanks for your replies Till. Do you perhaps have a link where I could download the latest version 2.0.9? (PS: I'll try and revert back to PHP version 7.3 then)

6. till

7. Riaan

Riaan New Member

Thank you. I've purchased the update. Do I just run: php update.php or do I have to run the php install.php ?

8. till

just run:

php update.php

9. Riaan

Riaan New Member

Thank you ... it also fixed the Invoices tab problem.

Where can I find the "what's new" list for the updates on the Billing Module?

10. till

There is no list for that available at the moment. Basically it are many smaller changes to add support for new ISPConfig, PHP, and MySQL versions.