Billing Module for upcoming ISPConfig 3.1

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by System_Owner, Aug 18, 2014.

1. System_Owner

System_Owner Member

Till,

Currently we are running 3.0.5.4p3 with the 3.0.5 Billing module.

In another post you mentioned that October you guys will be releasing ISPConfig 3.1. Will there be an updated Billing Module to go along with that or will the 3.0.5 version work with it?

Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There will be a new version of the billing module for 3.1.

3. markc

markc Member

Will the new billing module also be bootstrap themed?

And any hint as to perhaps what quarter of what year 3.1 will be released?

4. till

Yes. The billing module is a extension for ispconfig, so it will use the saem theme that ispconfig uses.

End of 2014 - beginning of 2015.

5. System_Owner

System_Owner Member

ISPConfig 3.1

Any update on ISPConfig 3.1....is it about to be released or are we waiting until after the new year???

6. till

There will be a first beta in january. We announce releases in the blog and in the general forum here at howtoforge.

7. System_Owner

System_Owner Member

How is the beta going for the new Billing Module??

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Member

February was mentioned in some other thread. Be patient, I highly doubt they will release ispconfig 3.1. without accompanying it with billing module 3.1 othervise upgrade could be problematic for current install with billing module...

9. S0ft

S0ft Member HowtoForge Supporter

interesante

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  10. System_Owner

System_Owner Member

Now in the middle of June 2015 and 3.1 hasnt been released or the new billing module. It was stated first part of 2015. So what is the new target date for the release of the new version, as we are on patch 8 for 3.0.5.4....how many more patches before the new version is released? And will it be able to be upgraded to by simply running it like a patch or will there be a big risky/complicated procedure for installing the new version on top of the existing environment?

11. till

If you like to test the 3.1 release, then download it from our GIT server. As you see in git, there is a lot of development going on in the 3.1 branch and we will release it when we feel that it is stable enough for production use.

A atch version gets released when there is an important issue that needs to be fixed. So nobody can say in advance how many patch levels a given release will have until the next version gets released.

The update from 3.0.5.4 to 3.1 is a normal update that gets installed like any other ISPConfig updates.

12. theWeird

theWeird Member

So because of the heavy changes in 3.1 we are forced to upgrade to the new version, right?
    Will there be an upgrade licence for users of the old billing module version?

13. till

ISPConfig has a complete new UI and so the billing module needs a new ui as well.

Users that bought the billing module within 1 year before the 3.1 release will get the billing update for free. Other users can upgrade for the new billing version for 39 EUR.

14. Ilko

Ilko New Member

Hello,
    this is my first post on this forum, however I have actually used ISPconfig since many years to host my personal websites. I started back with ispconfig 2 several years ago. First of all I want to thank you for this great piece of software, ISPconfig 2 and now ISPgonfig 3 have been, both working flawlessly for years on my 2 debian servers (actually I like it more than cPanel, Plesk and any other hosting control panel I have used so far). I mainly develop websites and small apps for clients and my clients love ISPconfig as well. I would like to use the billing module, but I want to ask something related to it ... Since the billing module is integrated in ISPconfig 3, doesn't this create single point of failuare, is there any way that it can be separated like its own system (just like WHMCS, ClientExec, BoxBilling and similar), do you plan such future for it?

15. till

You can have a separate control panel and billing server on a ispconfig multiserver setup, that's recommended for larger setups anyway. But control panel and billing will always be integrated as this adds reliability to the system.

None of the systems you mentioned will work when the Webserver or the Controlpanel server is down, so you have 2 separate error sources and when any of these two fails then your system will be down, so the approximity that this happens is twice as high as if you would run an integrated billing like we do. Having control panel and billing panel separated is even worse as it is possible then that the billing module is sending invoices for items that don't exist in the web panel due to a connectivity issue between billing and control panel server and you might not have noticed that when the outage was just a few seconds.

16. Ilko

Ilko New Member

Hello,
    thank you Till I understand. May I ask you, if you know when the new ISPconfig 3.1 with this new design will be available for production. I am only asking, because I have no patience to update to it ... it looks amazing.

Best regards,
    Ilko!

17. till

We plan to release it in 2015.

18. brody182

brody182 Member

2015 its not going to happen

19. DDArt

DDArt Member

Maybe we're going to get a good Christmas gift this year..?