Billing Module Has No Label Titles

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by OpenSources, Apr 4, 2017.

1. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

I've just recently installed the ISPconfig Billing Module. The module is active and it is working, but there are no text titles. I have run the php update.php to ensure that the module is up to date, but the labels still do not load. I've added some screenshots to this post.

I am also running a Debian 8 multiserver.

Attached Files:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Really strange, I've never seen that the labels were missing on any system. You are logged in as admin and the language of the admin is set to english?

3. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Yes sir. I'll change it to something else and revert back to english.

4. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

I've changed the languages with no luck. How would I go about uninstalling the module?

5. till

Did you create and use a custom language file set in the ISPConfig language editor, so your "english" language set has not the short name "en" anymore?

Login to ISPConfig as admin, go to System > CP users, open the admin users details and uncheck the billing module checkbox under modules, then logout.

Then run these commands as root on the shell to remove the files.

Code:
    rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/plugins/billing_plugin.inc.php
    rm -rf /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/billing
    rm -rf /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/csv_exports
    rm -rf /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/invoices
    rm -rf /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/sepa_*
    rm -rf /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/plugin_invoice*
    rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/billing_functions.inc.php

6. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Yes It is "en"

7. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

I ran the suggested commands and attempted to reinstall the module. Almost all commands return not permitted.

8. till

Ensure that you run the commands while you are logged in as root user and also the ispconfig billing installation has to be done as root user.

9. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

This is a portion of the output. I am running as root

chown: changing ownership of ‘interface/web/remote’: Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of ‘interface/web’: Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of ‘interface’: Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of ‘server/cron_daily_billing.sh’: Operation not permi tted
    chown: changing ownership of ‘server/lib/classes/cron.d/200-billing_items_remind er.inc.php’: Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of ‘server/lib/classes/cron.d/210-billing_recurring_in voices.inc.php’: Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of ‘server/lib/classes/cron.d/220-billing_sepa_mandate s_reminder.inc.php’: Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of ‘server/lib/classes/cron.d’: Operation not permitte d
    chown: changing ownership of ‘server/lib/classes’: Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of ‘server/lib’: Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of ‘server’: Operation not permitted
    ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 164: Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'
    ISPConfig Billing module has been installed.

10. till

It is impossible that the Linux root user receives a not permitted when he tries to change a file ownership, at least if you did not mount the harddisk read only and if you did not set immutable attributes on all files. so there must be something really wrong with your server or you are not logged in as root.

OpenSources likes this.
  11. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Could it be possible that the plugin got corrupted? I get a warning at the end of file that outputs:

PHP Warning: include_once(/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /thedock/ispconfig3_billing_addon_2.0.1/billing/update.php on line 28
    PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /thedock/ispconfig3_billing_addon_2.0.1/billing/update.php on line 28
    PHP Warning: include_once(/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /thedock/ispconfig3_billing_addon_2.0.1/billing/update.php on line 29
    PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /thedock/ispconfig3_billing_addon_2.0.1/billing/update.php on line 29
    PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant ISPC_APP_VERSION - assumed 'ISPC_APP_VERSION' in /thedock/ispconfig3_billing_addon_2.0.1/billing/update.php on line 32
    This ISPConfig Billing Module version requires ISPConfig 3.1.

12. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

The billing modul is working. But i think, you made some errors during the install: Permission denied in /thedock

OpenSources likes this.
  13. till

No. Otherwise you wuld not even be able to unzip the file when the zip is corruted.

when you are logged into your server, run this command:

whoami

the answer must be "root".

Then upload the billing zip file to e.g. /tmp folder on your server, enter the /tmp directory with:

cd /tmp

then run these commands:

unzip ispconfig3_billing_addon*.zip
    cd ispconfig3_billing*
    php install.php

14. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

All was well untill I tried to install the module. I did run the rm commands prior to attempting the reinstall. The new output is as follows:

ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 164: Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'
    ISPConfig Billing module has been installed.

15. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

OK. I found the solution. I ran the rm commands and then went into phpmyadmin and deleted all invoice tables. ran the reinstall and boom! Everything is working as it should.
    Till, you had me scared there when you said: "so there must be something really wrong with your server or you are not logged in as root."

Thanks for your support @till and @florian030 I look forward to further funding the ISPconfig project once my business picks up.

ahrasis likes this.