Billing module - how to add payment

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by KoS, Apr 17, 2014.

1. KoS

KoS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi

I am in the progress to use the billing module for all my client invoices. the clients pay via bank transfer, so i have to manually add the payments into the system.
    the only way that concerns the received payments is the checkbox in the invoice itself for "paid". is that really the only thing? for a clean accounting i need to add the amount that was paid, which can be lower or higher than the invoiced one. and i would like to see all the payments that a client did. have i overlooked all the payment stuff or is the paid-checkbox really everything? the rest of the billing module looks sophisticated, so i can't imagine that the payments are missing.

greets
    KoS

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is a internal table "invoice_payment_log" that tracks the payment that are recieved e.g. by paypal, but the only "visible" sign of thi is the paid cahcekbox. But we are working to enable the payment log to be used to enter manual payments as well in the next version.

3. KoS

will that feature be in the upcoming 1.4 release of the billing module?

4. till

This will be part of 1.5 release.

5. KoS

thanks for the update information.

so then i'll have to make something simple for myself so that i can add payments manually because i don't use any automatic payment processing system.

6. till

To confirm manual payments there is a checkbox "Paid" in the invoice settings. This checkbox is used to confirm a payment to the system. So when you receive a payment manually, lookup the invoice and enable this checkbox to remove the invoice from the unpaid invoices list. Thats the same way the paypal api is doing it for automated payments.

7. KoS

Hi Till

Just to make sure:
    1) i create the invoice (e.g. via recurring invoice)
    2) i open the invoice and set the checkbox "Paid" and press "Save & Finalize Invoice"
    3) there is no entry in the "invoice_payment_log". i was not sure from your messages if this table will only be filled if the payment occurs via paypal or if it happens even when i manually set the checkbox?

8. till

The invoice_payment_log table contains paypal IP requests only. It is just a kind of log, it has no influence on the payment state of a invoice.

KoS likes this.
  9. KoS

okay thanks. to keep track of the payments i'll probably use some API magic to add payments to the log (even if they are not paypal payments) and set the "paid" checkbox.

10. till

It is planned to add payments from other sources as well to that table and also make it visible in the interface. I need that as well now in 2015 to autmatically import bank account statements and compare them with the invoices to see which ones are unpaid. So this will be in the billing 2.0 release which is the version I'am currently working on to implement the new ISPConfig 3.1 interface.