Billing not sending emails after migration

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by rickbyronit, Jan 26, 2021.

1. rickbyronit

rickbyronit Member HowtoForge Supporter

After migration to a new server using:
    Debian 9
    ispc3-migration-tool-2_2_2p3.tar.gz provided by the support team.
    ispconfig3_billing_addon_2.0.2.zip
    Ispconfig 3.22

I created monthly invoices from recuring items, the invoices and PDF's were created successfully, but the emails failed to send.
    I am nor aware of ant other issues currently with the mailserver, I have clients sending/receiving emails from the server and are receiving CRON emails.

I have the following in my mail.log, once for each email sent:

Jan 26 21:13:39 serverXXX postfix/submission/smtpd[23987]: connect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Jan 26 21:13:39 serverXXX postfix/submission/smtpd[23987]: warning: non-SMTP command from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]: Subject: =?UTF-8?B?T3pBY2Nlc3MgVGF4IEludm9pY2U6IEkxNDY2?=
    Jan 26 21:13:39 serverXXX postfix/submission/smtpd[23987]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1] helo=1 auth=0/1 mail=0/1 rcpt=0/1 data=0/1 unknown=0/3 commands=1/8

Any ideas what cause could be, thank you.

Rick

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Your billing version is from 2017, the current Billing version is 2.0.11, the old 2.0.2 version not fully compatible with ISPConfig 3.2.2. Contact me by email so I can send you an update discount code.

3. rickbyronit

My apologies Till my billing module is ispconfig3_billing_addon_2.0.11 I was looking at an old directory.

4. rickbyronit

Purchased on the 8th January.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, that#s the current one. The Billing module does not has it's own methods to send email, it uses the mail library and settings from ISPConfig. You can find them under system > Interface > main config > mail. You can e.g. try to switch on 'Use SMTP to send system mails' to see if that helps.

6. rickbyronit

Use SMTP was ticked, I have added my admin email address and password to that section.
    How can I send a test email from within Ipsconfig 3.22
    Thank you Till

7. rickbyronit

Also, I just noticed that I still had the 'remote user' enabled, I have now disabled it.
    Not sure that it is relevent...

8. rickbyronit

Apologies, I found where to test under clients.

9. rickbyronit

Here's what worked for me, your mileage may varie.

Attached Files: