Billing with US Dollars

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by jacobfogg, Aug 2, 2007.

1. jacobfogg

jacobfogg New Member

Hey everyone, I am new to ISPConfig... the setup took a while but it was all together a breeze! The software seems to do everything I need and then some! I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to change the currency type from Euros to Dollars as all of my clients live within the US...

Thanks!
    -Jake

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. jacobfogg

jacobfogg New Member

Perfect...well sortta...

Thanks for the quick reply! =) That should work well... the only other thing is, what do I need to change to turn the comma that separates the decimal to a period?

Thanks again!

-Jake

4. falko

We're using the sprintf() function to format the prices, so it should show the correct formatting for you... :confused: If you like you can take a look at the scripts in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/isp_fakt/abrechnung.

5. georgew

georgew New Member

Ok, according to my research, before you use sprintf(), you have the option to either use the variable set in the operating system OR you can set it in the code.

I believe that you are not using my system's configured locale. I read that you must use the OS settings or your own settings. In other words, the option to do nothing does not seem to be one of the options. If you do nothing, I don't know what sort of locales you end up with.

# locale
    LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    LANGUAGE=en
    LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_ALL=

Shouldn't you be doing a setlocale() somewhere in the code? I don't see it. Is it possible this is the problem?

Because a web server might be built by an ISP on one country, while a e-commerce site might be installed on it by a customer in a different country, it seems logical that this *should* be set with the software, and not taken from the OS.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  6. Freebyrd

Freebyrd New Member

how did you get it to change to USD? I could live with the comma if it has USD although a . would be better :)

7. falko

Take a look at post #2.