Bind Problem

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by joephus, Jan 14, 2008.

1. joephus

joephus New Member

I'm trying to setup bind and everything seems to be working fine except for the fact that none of my zones are propagating. I'm running Bind 9.3.3RC2 in a chroot configuration. The server starts up fine, I can run rndc just fine and the status switch returns the following

I have two domains that I'm trying to host on this DNS server, lets call them domain1.com and domain2.com. My registrar has an ns1.domain1.com, that is resolving to the world, and it is listed as the primary DNS server for domain1.com and domain2.com. When I do an nslookup from any server other than my DNS box, both domain1 and domain2 fail to resolve. However, when I use my DNS server to lookup both domains they work just find. It is like I just can't figure out why propagation isn't working. The contents of my named.conf are listed below (private information replaced).

TIA for any help!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  2. joephus

joephus New Member

Fixed

Just in case anyone reads this and runs into the same issue, I figured out the problem shortly after posting this. I was not allowing queries from any other DNS servers. In the options section I had allow-query set for only my local network, so no other networks could query for my hosted zones. In the zone statements in named.conf I added the following line:

allow-query { any;};

Problem fixed.