Bind Zone has no NS Records

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by SilentHunter, Mar 15, 2016.

1. SilentHunter

SilentHunter New Member

Hi,
    I have a problem with my cluster. ISPConfig (Version: 3.0.5.4p8 unter Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) is throwing the error:
    Writing BIND domain file failed: /etc/bind/pri.nstest3.de zone nstest3.de/IN: has no NS records zone nstest3.de/IN: not loaded due to errors.

Everytime I add a new zone. But the zone is working when I do a nslookup on this server. I saw several entries in the Bug Reporting from ISPConfig but never a solution for it. What shall I do?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's no bug. This message occurs when the zone gets added sequentially (in order processing) until all required records are in place.

3. SilentHunter

SilentHunter New Member

But what shall I do with this numerous warnings in the log?
    How to do it not sequentially?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  4. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

If you create a new domain this is always sequentially. As long as the dns-zone is created correctly, you can ignore the errors.

5. SilentHunter

SilentHunter New Member

So I just change the log level to error? Or why do others don't have the same problem?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The default log level is error. If you lower it then you will see non critical events in the log.

7. SilentHunter

SilentHunter New Member

Ohh okey, didn't see that, than I will ignore it via log level ... thank you

8. TonyG

TonyG Active Member

I just stumbled on this issue and looked for help to find this thread. I added two new sites. DNS is now resolving across the globe. Zone Settings for both new domains report "has no NS records" but I'm looking right at the NS records (primary+secondary NS), and the site does resolve from some locations. So the message is simply wrong and can be ignored.