Blacklist of an address for just one domain.

Discussion in 'General' started by voltron81, Jul 26, 2010.

1. voltron81

voltron81 New Member

Hi to everybody.
    I've a mailserver based of ISPConfig 3.0.1.6 (perfect debian server).
    I'm managing with this server some domains.
    One customer asked me to put an email address in blacklist, so that he can not send an email to none of his email addresses, and none of his email addresses can write an email to this email.
    So I've used the "Postfix blacklist" feature of ISPConfig, creating 2 rules (Recipient, Sender).
    But now that email address is in blacklist for all the emails of all the domains managed with this mailserver...
    There is a way to setup a blacklist related with a particular domain?

Thanks
    Michele

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The postfiux blacklist is always serverwide. If you want to blacklist a address for a single domain, use the spamfilter blacklist.

3. voltron81

voltron81 New Member

Hi till,
    thanks for the reply.
    I had a look to the spamfilter blacklist.
    I've a couple of questions about that:
    1) what is the "priority value" that I can choose between 1 and 10? Is that the value of the spamfilter policy?
    2) Let's imagine that I'm managing the domain @ispconfig.com and the email blacklisted is [email protected]
    Is than this blacklist valid also for an email from [email protected] to [email protected]?

Thanks

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) If you have more then one blacklist entry that matches a specific email address, then the one with the highest priority is used.
    2) Not sure if it is also used for outgoing emails. You might have to try it.