Brand New ISPC 3.2.2 in Chrome: Your connection is not private

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Petar, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Petar

Petar Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dear colleagues,

I get this in Chrome, as the site is not trusted, even though i installed the cert in the trusted root certs:

Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from ispc.server.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Previously there was a tutorial to install LetsEncrypt for the website of the server, but as i am aware, its not needed now, but still i have this problem with the cert. (https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/securing-ispconfig-3-with-a-free-lets-encrypt-ssl-certificate/)

Thanks in advance for your support

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Make sure a valid cert is issued and you are connecting using the hostname, not a different name.

3. Petar

Dear Thom , thank you for your time.
    I'm connecting https://ispc.server.com:8080 like usually but even it says certificate OK, it gives the above screen with not trusted.
    If i go in details of the certificate, i can see all the real data...
    I will try to DM you the original site so you can doublecheck.

4. Th0m

5. Petar

Sorry for that, i forgot that its already transferred to the production server. 8080 is blocked on at least 3 levels before.
    Anyways, the cert info says: This certificate is OK, but then Chrome is acting as above. I followed the latest Deb10 with Apache and ISPC 3.2 tutorial from few days earlier and i didn't have any problems or warning. Everything is working, nothing to argue, but i don't have the usual normal lock...

6. Th0m

Could you open port 8080 up temporarily?