Brand New

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by thenebb, Feb 3, 2007.

1. thenebb

thenebb New Member

Hello, Im sure you have heard this before " I'm a NewB"
    Anyhow I have the urge to set up my own server. I have FC6 and want to be able to run this from my house and host multiple sites of mine and such on it!

I guess what im looking for is a complete how to from start to finish in setting this up properly. I'd like to have php mysql and all the goodies that one would get from purchasing a host.

I would appreciate all the help i can get and thanks in advance!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

may I ask for what reasons you have selected FC6?

4. thenebb

thenebb New Member

i tried that one and got all the way up to installing software and that wouldn't work. I also tried installing software indivually and still no luck.

yum install fetchmail wget bzip2 unzip zip nmap openssl lynx fileutils ncftp gcc gcc-c++

to answer why i choose fc6, well its ratings are high and thought id give it a try. I did a server years ago with debian... jsut a simple one and now i want to learn more.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What exactly is the problem? Did you follow http://www.howtoforge.com/installing_a_lamp_system_with_fedora_core_6 as close as possible? Did you disable SELinux?

6. thenebb

thenebb New Member

hmmm dont rem now for sure but i believe it error getting url or file problem!

I actually have the sys running and now im trying to put php a phpadmin in and a fewother mods.

when i installed phpmyadmin they were installed in the var/www/phpadmin/ so how do i get to the admin section and yes i tried the var url with no luck. Is there somthing else i have to do?

Id allso like a control panel like vdeck of plesk or cpanel waht do u suggest?

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff