Browser downloads php instead of displaying it.

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by geeksbydesign, Jun 6, 2007.

1. geeksbydesign

geeksbydesign New Member

I have been working on my ISPconfig server, (setting up virtual domains via the http://www.howtoforge.net/virtual_users_and_domains_with_postfix_debian_etch
    tutorial) and now, when i point my web browser at a couple websites that were working, it offers to download the php file instead of rendering it.

I have done some searching, and cant get a clear answer as to what my problem is. I have experienced this one time before, and I formated the machine as a result of my frustration.

I really really dont want to format again. The server has been running perfect for months. I know it is something I did, but I cant figure it out. Please feel free to request any information. I would be happy to post config files here.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Why did you do that? ISPConfig is incompatible with the virtual Postfix setup... :eek:

3. geeksbydesign

geeksbydesign New Member

PHP Still not working

There are features I am using in my ISPConfig setup, others I am not. Example. I really like the way that ISPConfig organizes my web directory, and the control is has over it. I like the DNS features of ISPconfig, I also plan on using the billing features, if I decide to host pages for a little extra. As for the email features, they would be great, if you only had a single domain. I have 7. I guess I am a victim of the, find an interesting domain name, you just gotta have an email address for it.

That leads me to a virtual domain mail server solution. We both know that postfix is very fast, and very secure. I think that even though i would rather use the web administration tool for ISPconfig, that I could use the phpmyadmin tool to manually put in my data for just email. Inconvenient, but a solution none the less.

Unless you have any other ideas. I am all ears. I thought about zimbra with a soap connection to ISPconfig, but I dont know anything about soap connections, and because my machines are very old (lesser hardware), Zimbra, though very powerful, is somewhat heavy and runs slow on another machine.

I hear that ISPConfig 2.3 will support virtual domains in the interface. Is that true? If so, how stable is the 2.3 dev snapshot? I dont run commercial services on it, just a few websites that no one really goes to, and a few email addresses. I would be more than happy to beta test for you.

thanks Falko for your input.

But, in the mean time, my php is not installed or configured correctly on my debain sarge (now updated to etch) server.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can manage as many email domains with ISPConfig as you like. I do it that way and never had problems...

Version 3 will, not 2.3.