bug or misconfiguration?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jesse Norell, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'm not sure if this is a bug or misconfiguration on my part, so posting for discussion.

In a multi-server install with 3.1.15p2 contorl panel (and web server running 3.1dev of about the same version), we have a web server which has mail services disabled under Server Services. While browsing tabs under Server Config, after leaving the Mail tab, and without changing anything, the little red circle indicating pending changes shows up. This seems to be a bug at this point, and I can reproduce that behavior on other servers/installs.

However, continuing the narrative, the default Content Filter of Amavisd was selected there, as I don't believe I've every changed anything under the Mail tab (because it is not a mail server). However, I later find that postfix mail, which was manually configured and working for some time, is now broken, as 'content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024' has been set in main.cf (and amavis is not installed). So possibly another bug, that configuration of mail services should not happen if the mail service has been disabled for a node.

In checking, I find various mail plugin symlinks in plugins-enabled on this server, so this is probably/possibly a misconfiguration. I am pretty sure I have never answered 'yes' to the update.php question of whether to enable mail service or not (as evidenced by it still being disabled), but maybe they were there from some long time past and unnoticed.

Thanks...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Changing tabs in server config might produce a config transaction, that's generally ok, but content filter should not be enabled when mail service is off. Please make a bug report so I can check that for the next release.

3. Jesse Norell

I do have 'Tab change warning' enabled, and no warning is produced. I think there are a few other places where tab changes automatically make changes with no warning, if those are of interest and should be fixed I can create an issue for that and note what I find.

https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues/5527

4. Jesse Norell

If at all helpful, these are the plugins-enabled I removed for cleanup:
    Code:
    root@host:/usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled# rm getmail_plugin.inc.php mailman_plugin.inc.php mail_plugin_dkim.inc.php mail_plugin.inc.php postfix_filter_plugin.inc.php postfix_server_plugin.inc.php