Building my own laptop

Discussion in 'Smalltalk' started by The River, Jul 20, 2007.

1. The River

The River New Member

Hey guys, I've used you site for a while but never need to register. First thanks for everything. Gotten me through some tough times. Now...

I'm planning on building my own laptop. The dream is to find a cool laptop shell and fill it with all the coolest and most modern guts needed without breaking the bank.

It will be used for design and framework rather than gaming a social tool. I am planning on using Ubuntu or other Linux-based OS rather than MS.

I do have some experience with hardware but only on a PC level. I would love to find all the parts online and assemble in my office.

So my question is HOW? or more where?

Any links to sites where I can find assistance for doing this would appreciated. Also I would love to know where I can find a list of what I really need. I may be missing something from my lists.

Thanks again guys.

2. Cargoship

Cargoship New Member

Now I don't have really expertise with building a custom laptop (Only PC's) but I did happen to find this guide over at Toms Hardware

Building Your Dream Notebook

The guide seems to include websites to buy parts and shells and how to assemble it.

Good luck. Hope this helps you.

3. hannah

hannah New Member

Don't worry The River. Assembling laptop is very simple though it needs little bit time. Really ,most of us have built our own desktop and even server computers.You just need to purchase laptop barebone,laptop CPU,laptop memory, laptop hard drive and put them together.After that, you'll load the operating system software and add any laptop accessory you may want. For further details, you can search online. There's many good resources available online.