Bulk Install of Domains

Discussion in 'General' started by slkgroups, Feb 18, 2007.

1. slkgroups

slkgroups New Member

is there a way to install appx 300 domains at one time? i see that info is put into several db files, and i am hoping that i can create a file to input to the system.
    thanks-
    keith

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. slkgroups

slkgroups New Member

thanks till-
    i just did a quick read, and that looks like the way to go.

there is a reference to the 42go product, can i assume that ispconfig is a subset of your commericial endever?

keith t
    slk groups

4. slkgroups

slkgroups New Member

bulk install of domain names

till et al-
    after further research- i see that i need the dev tree of ispconfig. which aslo marked as not stable. can i assume from the length of time since its relase- that i can safely use it- this is my testbed for production. at this point i do not know enuff about ispconfig to be able to backup the system in the event i need to start over.

i am already at the point where i might have to re-install. i am having a problem with the ISP mananger left window- it is not loading. i have installed appx 120-150 domains by hand.
    basic install- set up a reseller- and a user. all domains under one user.

i realise this is straying off the original topic, but i am still trying to get a grip on how the system flows.

thank you again for your time and patience.
    keith t
    slk groups

5. till

No, ISPConfig is not a subset of ISPConfig. 42goISP is the ancestor of ISPConfig, so 42goISP is a subset of ISPConfig. We maintain 42goISP just for legacy reasons for our clients.

6. till

You may use the remoting framework with the latest 2.2.9 version as well, when you enable XML in the ISPConfig PHP. This can be done by downloading the ISPConfig installer, remove the disble xml satements in the configure string in the file compile_aps/compile and then rerunning the setup script.

You will have to install the latest ioncube loader too if you use ISPConfig 2.2.9 as described here:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10566

7. slkgroups

slkgroups New Member

till=
    again- thank you fo your time....
    42go is a subset of ispconfig???? ok- i would like to tllk privately about that...
    regardiing support/

if i am following you( not enuff caffine yet)--
    i need to ;look at ispconfig_asp/compile
    wow- i need to read a LOT more....:eek:

thank you-
    g_d, servers, and linux willing- this will be a good thing---
    keith t:p (very confused smily hre)
    slk groups

8. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I think you need a bit more caffeine!

9. till