Bulk view mail user password

Discussion in 'General' started by Ian Galang, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Ian Galang

Ian Galang New Member

Hi,

Im in the process of trying out a new cloud service mail and would like to be able to view/export user email and passwords from ispconfig. I know its possible via a sql script via phpmyadmin before when I was handling another server few years ago. it was a saved script that converts the md5 hash to plain password. I dont have it now. Anyone know how?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The plaintext passwords can not be retrieved and passwords are not stored as md5 in ISPConfig, ISPConfig uses crypt to has passwords in the same way that Linux stores them in /etc/passwd file, so a salt is used which means that you can not decode them easily (which is on purpose of course).

3. Ian Galang

Ian Galang New Member

oh totally different from i think it was Plesk that I handled years ago.
    how do you suggest i proceed with this aside from manually resetting all passwords?

thanks Till!

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If the new e-mail system supports the sama hash, you can copy the hash and the password stays the same.
    Otherwise I would say only way is to reset passwords and send the new password to users.

5. Ian Galang

Ian Galang New Member

@Taleman aw thats sad. Nah i dont think its on the same platform and the csv file they require for upload to auto create the users requires the passwords in plaintext