CacheALL email problem no.2

Discussion in 'General' started by Snowman, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Snowman

Snowman Member

hi there,

Problem :

1/ I have domain like "domain.com"
    2/ I set [email protected] as a CatchALL email for domain "domain.com", no other mail accounts exists at all
    3/ when i log to my gmail account and i send email to : [email protected] and CC(copy) to [email protected]
    4/ I receive mail twice (in [email protected])

first email :
    from [email protected] to [email protected] and CC to [email protected]
    second email :
    from [email protected] to [email protected] and CC to [email protected]

5/ One of my clients have own exchange server and it will download or catche these emails (by some "Email POP Connector") from [email protected] to its own internal mail server , and then resend this EMAILs to local accounts.
    6/ Problem is that when it downloads 2 emails (with two addresses in each email - TO and CC) so every account :
    [email protected] will receive 2 same mails
    and
    [email protected] will receive 2 same mails also !

My client told me that provider that they used before have email basket like catcheALL email in ISPConfig and it was kind different.Like this :

email basket before received only one email from [email protected] with address to [email protected] and CC to [email protected] and then theirs own exchange server resended only ONE emai to each account

Problem 2 :

1/ My problem is to solve that i get mail twice because when i resend that [email protected] mails to local exchange mail server in some company, mail server in that company will recognize 2 mails and every user (user "x" and also user "y")
    will get that mail twice .

Questions :

1/ Why i get that mail twice ?
    2/ Is it a kind of bug in ISPConfig ?
    3/ Some real solution how to solve ?

btw sorry for my english

thanks for any help
    snowman

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) You get the mail twice because the mail was sent to 2 different email addresses.
    2) No, the way ISPConfig acts is correct.
    3) No, because the way ISPConfig works is correct. ISPConfig can not know if a email is identical when it is sent to two different addresses.

3. Snowman

Snowman Member

This is log from mail server when i send mail with CC from my ISPconfig server to that "domain.com" , as i see it will send 2 emails to 2 different addy's , i understand , but is this : "E584C17FCA" message ID ?

Aug 2 09:38:16 vulpix postfix/local[22002]: E584C17FCA: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=local, delay=1.6, delays=0.15/0.01/0/1.4, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)

Aug 2 09:38:16 vulpix postfix/local[22001]: E584C17FCA: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=local, delay=1.6, delays=0.15/0/0/1.5, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)

([email protected]) is CatcheALL mailbox
    Aug 2 09:38:16 vulpix postfix/qmgr[19351]: E584C17FCA: removed

if E584C17FCA is message ID i think mailserver can recognize that this mail is same...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007