Cacti and suPHP

Discussion in 'General' started by madmucho, Apr 22, 2008.

1. madmucho

madmucho Member

Hi everyone, i do some resarch in my testing enviroment, testing suPHP module on common server web apps, now i have problem with cacti, i have suPHP enabled on my testing ispconfig server, my version is 0.6.2, have someone solution how run cacti in this enviroment? I still get this message in install procedure

Code:
    Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/bin/rrdtool) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/web3) in /var/www/web3/web/install/index.php on line 80

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/sbin/rrdtool) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/web3) in /var/www/web3/web/install/index.php on line 80

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/rrdtool) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/web3) in /var/www/web3/web/install/index.php on line 80
    If i understand well suPHP, user have not access to parent folder and can´t reference to system files out of website folder, scripts there is run as its owner and this must be webmaster account... is any solution to this situation? This cacti is for monitoring system and nearby Company LAN, maibe some custom apache directive will help but i realy dont know. I still experiencing with suPHP.

Edit : Mandriva 2007.1 and ispconfig latest version, default /etc/suPHP.conf

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can try to copy /bin/rrdtool, /sbin/rrdtool, and /usr/bin/rrdtool as well as the libraries they depend on (you can find out about them by running
    Code:
    ldd /bin/rrdtool
    , for example) to /var/www/web3, e.g. /var/www/web3/bin/rrdtool

3. madmucho

madmucho Member

Heh, thank you falko for your help, that works fine.

I need copy

rrdtool
    snmpbulkwalk
    snmpget
    snmpgetnext
    snmpwalk

to my website home folder :)
    And some extra files needed by custom plugin :) but i dont need copy dependent libs, binaries work fine alone.