Can I create ISPCobfig3 (new)users thru (main)user www

Discussion in 'General' started by eko_taas, Feb 25, 2011.

1. eko_taas

eko_taas New Member

Ordered ISPConfig3 manual few days back and everything looks impressive and well scalable for my (possible) future needs. I like expecially GUI to be able to activate well tough items so that I don't have to re-invent the wheel again. But as a newbee, some simple questions to start with

On desired (main)client webpage new users should be able to open (new)user-accounts by themselfes. That should include (as per predefined user-profiles) FTP and www-servicies (which I would like to keep under ISPconfig3).

I can see from manual that opening new users (thru GUI) is possible by Retailer and Admin, but in my case initial data would be given to (main)client's www-pages.

Should be quite normal need? Any easy way to do it? e.g. How / which SQL-table shoud be modified in ISPconfig-SQL to make(main)client www-page to inisiate retail-request? any excample / link to how-to?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You mix up websites / users with clients. A client can have as many websites, ftp users, email accounts and shell users as he has the permition to and he can create the websites himself.

3. eko_taas

eko_taas New Member

Thanks,seems that I'll have to read manual few times more :eek:

4. eko_taas

eko_taas New Member

remoting-framework found

Still interested to have separate clients.....

Anyhow I think I found answer - looks like remote framework is the one I am looking for:
    http://www.ispconfig.org/ispconfig-2/remoting-framework/
    As this was shown in ISPConfig3-menu, I must have missed it....