Can I suggest a SOLVED option

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by husskii, Jan 18, 2010.

1. husskii

husskii Member

Hi I was thinking maybe it would be nice to have the option to mark your own thread as solved, after your problem has been resolved. the good thing about having the SOLVED option is that later when someone else stumbles across the same error, and they do a search it would make it easier for them to choose which thread they want to read, also prevents someone from following a thread without reading to the end of it first, only to realize the problem wasn't solved and maybe end up digging them selves in a bigger whole lol..
    I know I've been guilty of that exact reason a few times...:eek:

They have that option in the ubuntu forum, which I'm sure you already know, but I think it would work well here too...

thanks
    Husskii

2. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

i like it .. though that means or till / falko should change it, or the thread starter ..

Or they should create a button in which gives ppl the possibility to set the title to SOLVED

3. husskii

husskii Member

sounds good

4. oilyflutesalad

oilyflutesalad ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Mark Threads As 'Solved' vBulletin Plugin

Not sure if it works with the version being run on HowToForge as it only says it works on 3.6, but there's always the possibility so it's well worth looking at

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I will consider this, but the problems with such plugins is that the more plugins we use, the harder it is to update vBulletin (because of template changes, etc.). :(

6. jon

jon Member

What if the original poster took it upon themselves to just change the subject, adding [SOLVED]? Is that possible?

7. oilyflutesalad

oilyflutesalad ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Yes, if they click edit on the original post then use the full editor they have the option of changing the thread title. I just don't think people realise that and would rather a button that does it for them. While a button may seem pointless, it would avoid different formats (for example someone might put [s0lv3D]... unlikely but possible) users are far more likely to use a feature if it's right under their nose.

8. husskii

husskii Member

^^^ well said :)

9. jon

jon Member

Yes a very good point. I agree with Falko though, the more modules you have the more of a pain it is to upgrade.

I suppose we'll have to leave it in the hands of the powers that be :)