can not access my ispconfig page from outside network

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by wake2010, Sep 10, 2011.

1. wake2010

wake2010 New Member

hey all, once again i have ran into another problem.

I decided to go for a new host name,
    i set it up with dyndns.com and the default page works when i type in the hostname on port 80, however when i try it with 8080 it just sits and loads all day, the title changes with ISPConfig but so far nothing else. I uninstalled ISPconfig and reinstalled it but so far not working...

any ideas??

thanks

if you need the host name let me know and ill PM it.

2. mentes

mentes Member

I think your are at home or at office connected to internet through a router.

Did you open 8080 port?

3. wake2010

wake2010 New Member

i have set the server as a DMZ and set all packets to go to the server IP (192.168.0.200) at present i can not test anything as I have a new project and as such the ISPConfig project is on hold, I will when i get the chance to re run the system give you an update but at present all i get is port 80 when i type in the FQDN, when i try FQDN:8080 it just sits on loading using both IE and Firefox, ports are fully open using s port scanner we have at work, the server is at home on a fast cable connection. But as i say i can not do much as i have had to pull that server out and do this new project.... Damn good GUI though :)

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Can you check Apache's error log?

Also, can you check all your vhosts (especially the ISPConfig vhost) if they use the correct IP?