Can not add user after deleting one with the same name.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by CyberPriest, Dec 13, 2006.

1. CyberPriest

CyberPriest New Member

I can not add a user after deleting one with the same name. I perpetually receive the error "The username is already in use."
    I saw http://www.howtoforge.com/faq/14_45_en.html. Yes, I emptied the recycle bin. Any thoughts?

2. CyberPriest

CyberPriest New Member

Also

I would also like to add that I am a newbie to ISPConfig. I used the Fedora Perfect Setup walkthrough.

3. CyberPriest

CyberPriest New Member

More Information

Let's call this user, "User." I can add [email protected] as long as I use something like user1 as the username. I would prefer to use the username user, not user1. Can someone enlighten me as to what is going on and maybe how to fix the issue.
    Oh, one more thing, I can add and remove user1 as many times as I like now, but I can not use "user." Again, any thoughts?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are more then one recycle bin, please check all recycle bins. Did you remove the username prefix? If yes, usernames have to be unique for the server and not just for the domain, thats why there is a username prefix.