can not login to ispconfig from outsite firewall

Discussion in 'General' started by cruz, Nov 1, 2007.

1. cruz

cruz New Member

I was trying to login to my server from outside my firewall, but it will not allow me to.I have port 81 opened in port forward and the ip address to the server in as well. I enter
    HTML:
    www.mydomain.com:81
    Why can I not login from outside of my router. I need to have access from the INTERNET from outside my intranet.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please ask your internet access provider, if they block any ports.

3. cruz

cruz New Member

no blocked ports

I asked them and they told me only 25 was blocked. I asked them to unblock 25 and they did.
    I also went to canyouseeme dot com and scanned port 81 and it is open.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Then it must be some problem with your router. Please double check the settings. Did you test the connection really from outside? If you just tried to connect to your external IP from inside your network, the connection get blocked by some routers.

5. cruz

cruz New Member

I will do that today

No, I did not check it from outside the firewall. I will do that today and get back to you

6. cruz

cruz New Member

I tested port 81 from outsite the firewall and it is open.

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Have you tried to use your router's public IP address instead of www.mydomain.com?

8. cruz

cruz New Member

Dear falko, I tried to login from outsite the firewall with the public ip address and port 81 and I can not logon. If I just enter the public ip, it tells me that it is a shared ip. I can get to it behind the firwall. the porforward is open for the server for port 81 and all the other ports that need to be open. I can get to both of the sites from outsite the firewall i have running on my server.

9. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

For me that souns like port 81 is blocked by your ISP or by your router.