Can not reinstall Joomla

Discussion in 'General' started by Nielsterp, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Nielsterp

Nielsterp New Member

Hi, I'm using latest version of ISPConfig 3, and am very pleased with it.

I have installed Joomla (also the latest version), and after fooling around for some time, I decided to delete the Joomla folder, delete all the joomla tables in the database, and start over with a fresh Joomla installation.

When I start the installation script, it immediately goes to the point where it ask you to remove the installation folder for security reasons.

I have removed ALL joomla files, all temporary files, and double-checked the database. I have had this problem before with ISPConfig 3, that time I managed to do the new installation, simply by calling the folder something else. But even that is not working now.

I know this doesn't sound like a ISPConfig question, but I have reinstalled Joomla without any trouble before on other systems. Hope one of you caln help me !

2. kwickcut

kwickcut Member HowtoForge Supporter

check your apache directory for the site in question and make sure it does not exist already

3. Nielsterp

Nielsterp New Member

What apache directory do you mean ?

4. kwickcut

kwickcut Member HowtoForge Supporter

sorry i miss read your post

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

This has nothing to do with ISPConfig - ISPConfig simply configures Apache and has nothing to do with Joomla.

Did you clear your browser cache?