Can not send emails after debian upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pecka33, Aug 16, 2021.

1. pecka33

pecka33 Member

Hello, i did upgrade debian from 10 to 11. I have a problem with send emails. I can sent emails with php mail fine, but when i tried to sent mail for example via webmail, my mail is in quote and in mail log i can see lines like this

Code:
    Aug 16 11:18:15 postfix/lmtp[13050]: 36A3012BC: to=<xxx>, relay=none, delay=4513, delays=4513/0.04/0/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10026: Connection refused)

in error log i can see

Code:
    Aug 16 13:10:25 postfix/postsuper[13367]: fatal: usage: postsuper [-c config_dir] [-d queue_id (delete)] [-e queue_id (expire)] [-f queue_id (expire and/or un-hold)] [-h queue_id (hold)] [-H queue_id (un-hold)] [-p (purge temporary files)] [-r queue_id (requeue)] [-s (structure fix)] [-S (redundant structure fix)][-v (verbose)] [queue...]

any idea what should i check? i tried reinstall postfix, amavis, but does not work.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I would just go back to Debian 10 and run ISPConfig there.
    If you need to debug why ISPConfig does not work on Debian 11, download ISPConfig source code and start debugging.
    My guess for that particular problem you ask in #1 is antivirus or antispam is not running. Try with
    Code:
    systemctl --state=failed
    or use https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/please-read-before-posting.58408/

3. pecka33

pecka33 Member

Thank you for reply. There are no failed services. I guess downgrade to 10 is not good idea, because i have there running website and configured services and not sure how it works after downgrade. In all case maybe i should leave it in this status and wait to ispconfig which will be compatible with debian 11

4. pecka33

pecka33 Member

All the time i am trying to find out why, but wuthou success. Maybe it should be because amavis, but not sure, because antispam working fine, no failed services.
    When i sent emails via webmail or client like thinderbird etc just email moved to quota and in error log is just

Code:
    date postfix/lmtp[13050]: 36A3012BC: to=<xxx>, relay=none, delay=4513, delays=4513/0.04/0/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10026: Connection refused)

At all, i have set up autoreply and thats work, when i sent email to email address created via isp, i get autoreply back. when i find solution i wrote here.

I think that should be because block ports, i check all ports but thats fine too.

Is here any idea when could be beta isp for debian 11? Maybe update should fixed errors.

5. pecka33

pecka33 Member

Problem with sending emails solved! I had to add my email address to postfix whitelist in isp panel.

Looks like upgrade to debian 11 with non compatible isp pane totally destroyed firewall, but i repair it, i hope