Can Plesk and Ispconfig 2 run on same server?

Discussion in 'General' started by IzFazt, Feb 15, 2010.

1. IzFazt

IzFazt Member HowtoForge Supporter

Is it possible to run ISPconfig as second panel on a server which has Plesk 9 already installed or would there be conflicts? The reason for this is simpel. I would like to set a different control panel for free hosting offers.

Anybody experience with - or know anything about this?

bloomsg likes this.
  2. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

You should never use 2 hosting control panel on 1 server, otherwise you ask for problems. ISPConfig2 and also ISPConfig3 both have a complete different architecture then Plesk. You better use a seperate server or Virtual server for ISPConfig v2 or v3 instead.

bloomsg likes this.
  3. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

I try ton install ISPConfig3 on centos 6.6 with plesk already install... Not to use two control panel just because a want to install ISPConfig before uninstall plesk...

So as you said... big trouble...

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This cant work. You will have to do a fresh centos install before you install ISPConfig.

5. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

Hi! Thank for fast answer...
    I will give little more info... I have install it... Just a bug wuth "fcgi.conf" ... I enable, crash... If not, i have a apache2 default page. Not sur why fast cgi crash!

So, there is no way for people which have plesk to migrate to ISPConfig? For me, i just need to install a new server, so I can start with fresh centos... But for people who have plesk from long time, there is no way to migrate?

Now, I willl try uninstall plesk, updage ispconfig and i will send result here!

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Plesk and ispconfig are completely different controlpanels, they have different system requirements, use different services and also configure apache in a different way. So they are 100% incompatible with each other. But this applies to all hosting controlpanels, you cant install directadmin on a plesk server or cpanel on a plesk server or plesk on a ispconfig server etc., so thats nothing ISPCOnfig specific. You will always have to do a fresh installation of your server.

So the stprs to migrate a server from one controlpanel to another one are either:

option 1:

- Backup all websites, databases and email.
    - reinstall the server with the enw controlpanel
    - restore the websites, databases and email

option 2:

- Get a new server where you install the new controlpanel
    - Migrate the data from the old to the new server
    - shutdown the old server

For option 2, there is a script available that can import Plesk 10, ISPConfig 2, Confixx 3 and other ISPConfig 3 installations into a ISPConfig 3 server.

https://www.howtoforge.com/communit...g-2-lenny-to-ispc-3-wheezy.64201/#post-314633

7. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

Another time thank you for helpfull hint.
    It's not a complaint to ISPConfig which a think is the best alternative to others...
    I know now from experimentation that apache is configure differently for Plesk and ISPConfig.
    I take option 2 and thank you for the link to the script...