Cannot add the email alias: contact or contacts

Discussion in 'General' started by swieep, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swieep

swieep New Member

Hi,

I have ISPConfig 2.2.17 running on ubuntu 7.04 server.

It works great!!! thanks..

One of my admins came with a strange 'bug/feature'.

When he tries to add the email alias with the name contact this alias is not saved. Also contacts as alias is not saved. There is no error message and the list is still complete without the contact alias in it.

I tried it myself with a reseller account and the admin account but no success.

Is this a reserved alias?

Kind regards..

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check all other email users of this website and make sure that no other email address contact@ or contacts@ exists in the site and that none of the other email accounts of the site has an email alias like contact or contacts

3. swieep

swieep New Member

Hi thanks for your reply and sorry for may late response..

For this website there are no accounts starting with contact of contacts..
    If there where accounts it would be logical the aliasses should fail, but that is the strange thing about these aliasses.. Also no error message is given.. they are just not added. When I add testing123 it is saved, so it is also no limit of aliasses..

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check all aliases. There is no error mesage when a duplicate alias is defined, the alias is just removed.

5. swieep

swieep New Member

solved

Today I was busy with the catch-all problem and I emptied all the recycle bins.

The catch-all problem was solved by making a technical domain the mail server's name and strangly emptying all the recycle bins resolved the contact alias problem.

So thank you for your support.. you can close/remove this entry..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.