Cannot change client limits due to "remove webserver" error

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by JaapV, Jan 30, 2017.

1. JaapV

JaapV New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    For one client (not all), that also happens to be the client with the lowest ID on the system, I get this error whenever I try to save changes in the Client -> Limits tab:
    "1. The server you are trying to remove from this client is used as a webserver. Be sure that this server is not used by this client before you remove it."
    This messages also shows when I press Save without making any changes. If I make changes, they are not stored in the database. I'm running ISPConfig 3.1.2.
    When I enable Debug, I get no extra output, only:
    DEBUG - Calling function 'check_phpini_changes' from plugin 'webserver_plugin' raised by action 'server_plugins_loaded'.
    DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock

Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ensure that all servers are listed in the web servers option on the limits tab of this client that contain websites of this client.

3. JaapV

JaapV New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Found the reason: the client owned a web-domain which pointed to a non-existing server id. This (test-)server had been deleted, but the web-domain was still in the database. Since the server did not exist, I could not select it, and because it was not selected, the error appeared.