Cannot log with IE browser - works with others!

Discussion in 'General' started by baggerone, Aug 20, 2013.

1. baggerone

baggerone New Member

Hello -- This problem has actually been going on for a while. I used to be able to log in with Internet Explorer, but it doesn't work anymore. I honestly have no idea what changed, if it was as a result of a change, but either way it doesn't work.

When I log into ISPCONFIG 3 with Internet Explorer, it looks like it accepts the password, the wheel spins briefly and then it goes back to the login screen. If I put in a bad user/pass combo, it tells me -- so I know it's recognizing it as a valid combination... .if I log in with Chrome or another browser - it works just fine.

Any ideas!?!?!?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which IE version and which ISPConfig version do you use?

3. almere

almere Member HowtoForge Supporter

5.0 I think :D

4. baggerone

baggerone New Member

Uhhhh, no.

IE10. Also happens with IE9. I was at a client's location and tried to make a change to one of their accounts, same thing. Have to use a different browser.. works fine in chrome but IE -- nope.

I have another issue that I'll open - ispconfig has been erasing virtual hosted email files for users when I make a change in their configuration... even if I don't save it... their entire /var/vmail/<domain>/user directory gets blown away whenever I do something like change their password or anything. but that's a topic for another discussion!

5. almere

Just made a test with IE 10 and 9 from 3 different machines. No issue found in it :confused:

Which ISPConfig do you use ? 3.0.5.*

6. baggerone

baggerone New Member

Yes, 3.0.5.3 -- but it happened before the update as well. It's been this way for a little while -- was hoping an update would solve it...

I can create you an account and you can see what happens in IE and Chrome...

7. almere

Did you make any changes to the design ?

8. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I kind of have the same problem but than with Roundcube webmail.

When I login with the troubled PC it logs in okay, but than immediately logs off again with the message "Your session is invalid or expired",
    This only happens with the troubled PC when using IE 10. Any other browser is okay.

I've been trying to find a solution, but till now no luck.

Accessing ISPconfig with the PC (and IE10) is no problem for me.

9. baggerone

baggerone New Member

Not at all. Only the default design. I didn't personalize it at all....

I don't even have my own logo on it.

Absolutely NOTHING... That's why I'm stumped.

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I tested with IE10 as well and I dont get abany problems with ISPConfg 3.0.5.3. maybe you IE installation is somwhow broken.

11. baggerone

baggerone New Member

Not possible that it's my IE. I have 4 different netbooks/laptops/desktops I've tried it on that I personally own. AND as stated above, I was at a client's office where I tried to log in from THEIR IE (completely outside the network, and an IE version that I don't control/maintain/update) -- and it had the exact same effect.

As I also said above, I'd be more than happy to create a dummy account for you to look at it...... it's bizzare, for sure. As is the other issue where looking at an account will totally remove all of their emails, including the root directory under /var/vmail/<domain>/ -- I have had it do that to 3 different users. I'm working on creating a test account so I can ask you that question and see if I can duplicate that problem.... but for the moment, I can create a login so you can see this IE issue.....

12. baggerone

baggerone New Member

Till -- do you want me to create the login and have you look at it? Is there anything I can check/reset/etc???

I leave for vacation in <7 days and I'd like to be able to know that I can go up to any machine and log into my ISPCONFIG.... let alone my clients who aren't able to log into their domains, too!

13. baggerone

baggerone New Member

Still nothing....

Till -- still broken.............. I've tried it on now 6 different PC's and Mac's. IE won't work. Chrome works. Any ideas? logs I can check? I can create an account if you wish to check it out for yourself... I'd like to get this to work!!! :confused: