cannot login to newly created database created in ispconfig

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by saco721, Mar 11, 2019.

1. saco721

saco721 Member

Hi I have ispconfig 3.1.6 multiserver setup on debian jessie, I have created a database user and database in ispconfig but cannot connect to phpmyadmin from within ispconfig, when I try to login it gives me a :

I can login on the database server and see the newly created database using :
    and also remotely using
    also, should I be able to connect to phpmyadmin on the database server using :

I have checked the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf file and it only contains an entry for root.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's how it should be. What matters is that it contains the correct root password. But the password is correct when you are able to login to the database with the mysql command.

Actually, you verified already that there is no issue with ispconfig or the created database, so the only thing that's left is that there is an issue with phpmyadmin or that phpmyadmin on a wrong server is accessed.

Are you sure that you are using phpmyadmin on the right server?
    Are you able to logion to the database on the database server with 'mysql -h localhost -u user -p' as that#s the way phpmyadmin is doing it.
    Did you check in the phpmyadmin configuration file that phpmyadmin connects to the right database server?

3. saco721

saco721 Member

Hi Till, thanks for the response, I have checked the phpmyadmin config files, and there seem to be a couple in question, config-db.php where and I see the following line :

and in config.inc.php

Should I change the $dbserver entry in config-db.php to the hostname of my db server, i.e $dbserver='db.mydomain.com' or put in the ip address of my database server?

Thank you very much for your time!

4. till

localhost should work too, that's why I suggested testing if you can login with mysql command by using -h localhost. If not, try using IP 127.0.0.1 or the server IP or server hostname.

5. saco721

saco721 Member

Hi Till,
    managed to get the login related issue resolved, but now when I login to phpmyadmin via ispconfig I get errors like :

and
    It also seems that the user I login with doesn't have Privileges.

Any ideas?

6. till

There seems to be a problem with the phpmyadmin installation then. phpmyadmin has its own database and mysql user which is created by the phpmyadmin package during installation, so not by ispconfig. Seems as if this somehow did not happen. If it's a Debian or Ubuntu system, try to run:

dpkg-reconfigure phpmyadmin

and let the Debain installer create a mysql user and database for phpmyadmin.

You created a mysql user in ispconfig and then you created a database where this mysql user is attached to, right? The user shall have access then to this database only, so the permissions are limited to accessing this single database.

7. saco721

saco721 Member

Thanks Till