cannot receive email from outside of local network

Discussion in 'General' started by phatdawg, Jul 17, 2007.

1. phatdawg

phatdawg New Member

Please help, this is driving me crazy. I am using ubuntu and have it configured with the perfect setup. when i am on my network i can send and receive email fine off my server. i can use the fqdn or ip to connect and get the mail. when i am at a remote location and i connect through the internet i can send mail but when it tries to log in to receive i get:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail', Server: 'mail.phatdawg.kicks-ass.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

i can ssh to my server through the fqdn and ip. and i can also telnet to port 25, both from the remote internet.

i am fairly new at this and was doing well up to this point. any help i would be grateful.. thanks

2. phatdawg

phatdawg New Member

ok figured this out. had to check the box for ssl in pop3.

But now i have another problem. hopefully someone can help.

now that i have enabled ssl i get a message that says the server that you are connecting to is using a certificate that could not be verified.

is there any way of getting past this error.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats no error, just a warning message because you use a self signed certifikate. Just accept the certificate.