Can't add databases using phpMyAdmin

Discussion in 'General' started by tristanlee85, May 19, 2006.

1. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

I've finally got everything almost working. I downloaded the package and installed the phpMyAdmin tool. So, here's how I go step-by-step:

I go to www.fedexunderground.com:81 and login as a client (not admin). After logging in I see the 2 sites that the client has. There are www.fedexunderground.com and www.plastikracing.net. I go to Tools > phpMyAdmin. It then asks for a username and password. Previously, as the admin (not client), I created a user for www.fedexunderground.com (web5_admin). So, at the login prompt for phpMyAdmin, I enter in '[email protected]' as the user and enter in the password I set for the user. Well, if I try to use a password, login fails. So, I didn't use a password and I was able to login.
    After logging in, there are already 2 databases there: "information_schema" and "test." I also don't have permission to create any databses. So, how do a make a databse for www.fedexunderground.com?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You must use the username and password that you entered when you created the databases in ISPConfig, not the web admin user (web5_admin).