Can't connect to webmail

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Pepere, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Pepere

Pepere New Member

Hello everybody,

i'm a real rookie with ISPconfig !!!

I just try to connect to my webmail but i can't, he say "wrong login or password".

I have tried to log me in with that kind of login : web2_loginname and my password, in vain.

I'm sure of my login, my password and the number of web, so where is the problem ?

Can you help me and tell me what i've forgotten?

Thanks in advance ;)

2. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Uebimiau login

I do not know which webmail you're using but if you're using the Uebimiau webmail package provided by ISPConfig, you only can login with your [email protected] + password and not with only the username + password.

3. vbhubeny

vbhubeny New Member

Loginname

It look like the configuration of FoundCube in d.inc.php. Just try to put in state of the word loginname your own loginname (web2_pepere) and use 'localhost' as serverdomain. But, probably you are doeing this correct. Please copy let me see as short copy of the script you are using.
    Greetings, Vladimir

4. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Just a small note:

If you've setup RoundCube, using the package provided by ISPConfig and which will run on port 81, you can login with [email protected].
    The reason for this is that this package makes use of the main.inc.php configuration file published here within this thread:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2081&highlight=RoundCube

The only problem is, when you use this RoundCube package is that the identities settings within RoundCube will not be saved.
    Until this moment there is no solution for that.

However, if you've setup RoundCube according the Howto here:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/roundcube_webmail_ispconfig you can only login with your logginname in combination with your password.
    Not with [email protected].

The advantage is that the identities will be saved correctly.

5. Pepere

Pepere New Member

Thank you so much for your help !!

My webmail is now running well ;)

Still have a problem with Outlook...

Connect with the server when I try to get emails but he find no messages.

Code:
    Dec  1 15:42:10 patmos courierpop3login: Connection, ip=[::ffff:85.27.26.195]
    Dec  1 15:42:10 patmos courierpop3login: LOGIN, user=lwart, ip=[::ffff:85.27.26.195]
    Dec  1 15:42:10 patmos courierpop3login: LOGOUT, user=lwart, ip=[::ffff:85.27.26.195], top=0, retr=0, time=0
    Maybe a problem with aliases... ?!?!

Thank you once more ;)

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Maybe there are no messages in that mailbox?

Did you enable Maildir in ISPConfig (Management -> Server -> Settings -> Email)?

7. Pepere

Pepere New Member

Hello,

Yes, I had Maildir enable... Is that an error ?

I had already send mails on this account but when I try to get them: "no new message" !

All aliases seems to be correct...

I'm lost on this problem :confused:

8. falko

No, that is correct.

So you're absolutely sure there are messages in the mailbox? You didn't accidentally fetch those mails with webmail?

9. Pepere

Pepere New Member

Hello,

one step more, Outlook can get all emails who're in the mailbox now !!

Thanks Falko, the matter was not to receive but to send mail, you make me think about that.

Actually, if I send an email from webmail to adress present on server, it's OK !

If I send an email from webmail to another address not on server, it's not OK !

If I send an email from Outlook (to an address present on server or not), it' not OK !

I progress on this problem but it's not yet the end ;)

10. MicCo

MicCo New Member

The server sees the domains on the server as an part of the local network, so that's why you can send mails to/from local domains.

Are all servers running ?

11. Pepere

Pepere New Member

I think but how to be certain ?

Email's reception is correct in the webmail and in Outlook.

Email's sending is correct in the webmail but not in Outlook.

When I try yo send mail with Outlook, it never reach the mailbox and send me a lot of mail in return (mail for localhost.localdomain loops back to myself)

I try to add localhost.localdomain in the local-host-name file, launch this command : postconf -e 'mydestination = /etc/postfix/local-host-names' and reload Postfix, I always receive those mails.

Please, what can I do ?

12. Pepere

Pepere New Member

After a lot of modifications, it seems that all services are running well now but I don't know which one solves the problem :p

Time between sending and receiving email is very long (5-10 minutes), I read something about this but I don't know where :eek: If you have an idea about that ...

Any case, really thanks a lot for your help ;)

13. falko

Please check your mail log (it's in /var/log/) for errors.