Can't create/edit email addresses in master/slave after migration (but queue working)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mcevoli, Dec 14, 2015.

1. mcevoli

mcevoli New Member

Hello!
    I have a strange problem:
    I have a working master server enviroment where on slave server is the mail server.
    I migrated my setup on a new pair of servers, using one of the guides I found on this website.

Ispconfig on master server works ok.
    But on slave server the mail addresses are not updating.
    But the replication is active because if I modify a client name or other things, I see on log debug "Replicated from master" etc. on slave.

But if I edit Domain email or add/edit an email, this change is simply ignored and nothing happens on debug log (it keeps going "remove lock" and "set lock".

Thank you for any help.

Marco.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Maybe your new mail server has a different server ID? Check the server_id of the record in the mail_domain tabel that you just added and compare it with the ID in the ISPConfig config.inc.php file on the slave.

mcevoli likes this.
  3. mcevoli

mcevoli New Member

Yes, perfect!
    You were right. In master and slave I had the old server id (6) and updated to new id (9).
    Now replication is working.

Are there any other table other than server and mail_domain tables where the old id could be present?

Thank you again,
    Marco.

4. till

Almost all tables have a server_id column, so you will have to check all of them for the old ID. The server_id should not be changed when you migrate a server.

5. mcevoli

mcevoli New Member

EDIT:
    Nevermind. I found the problem.
    I had to adjust the server id in several .conf files under /etc/dovecot, /etc/postfix.
    ----------------------

I have another issue with roundcube email.
    I have installed it on my mail server. But the records on his users table in roundcube database are not updating when I edit an email address in ispconfig control panel. (the ispconfig mail_user updates successfully).

Who triggers the changes in this table? Is an ispconfig setting?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  6. till

ISPConfig is not changing any settings in round cube.