Can't create Letsencrype Cert anymore

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Spaetzle, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Spaetzle

Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi
    I am running a ISPConfig Server (updates to newest Versio) with Ubuntu 16.04 (update to latest). I used the perfect server setup when I installed the server.
    I already created some sites that a running let's encrypt certificates.
    As I tried to add a certificate to a new site. nothing seems to happen. I checked the "Let's Encrypt SSL" box and save the site settings. After a while the red dot showing that the ISPConfig server is configuring goes away. If I open the setting of the site now, the marker for "Let's Encrypt SSL" is not set. If I try to connect to the https site I am forwarded to another site (web1) on the server. Other settings for the site can be changed (for example PHP).
    Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

Regards
    Bernd

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Spaetzle likes this.
  3. Spaetzle

Hi
    Thanks for the hint. As it seems that is the problem. There is a python error shown in the logs.
    I fear my certbot version is to old. As I set up the server I installed letsencrypt from the GIT repository to /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/letsencrypt.
    As there now is a version available for Uubunt 16 (add-apt-repository ppa:certbot/certbot, see https://www.digitalocean.com/commun...ure-apache-with-let-s-encrypt-on-ubuntu-16-04) do you think it is safe to delete /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/letsencrypt and install letsencrypt from the repositories?
    Might there be a problem with existing sites that are using a cert?

Regards
    Bernd

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, that should be fine.

I don't think so.

Spaetzle likes this.
  5. Spaetzle

Thanks to the both of you for the hints.
    Anythings seemsto work perfect again.
    I removed the letsencrypt installation in /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/letsencrypt and installed the version from certbot PPA:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
    sudo add-apt-repository universe
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:certbot/certbot
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install certbot python-certbot-apache 

till likes this.