cant create user

Discussion in 'General' started by t_ras, Jul 7, 2006.

1. t_ras

t_ras New Member

after giving up trying to get mail for a local user I decided to delete the user and create it as vuser in a site in ISPConfig, but every time itryed to create it, it says it allready exist.
    I removed all traces of user (I think) including its file in /var/spool...still...
    I also checked all tables if the string of the user name exist in them -it doesn't...
    I try restarting server, recreating and redeletting it -no can do...

Any idea?

2. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Recycle bin

Maybe the user still excists in a recycle bin within ISPConfig...
    If so, make it empty first to proceed.

3. t_ras

t_ras New Member

nope, I tryed that too...

4. Hans

Does the user still excists within your file /etc/postfix/virtusertable ?
    If so, you know what to do...

5. t_ras

t_ras New Member

no, I deleted from there too.

6. Hans

Have a look at your database for ISPConfig.

In phpMyAdmin, fist select the ISPConfigdatabase (default= ispconfigdb) then go to isp_isp_user table and check your user records.
    If you find the user which must be deleted, delete it by pressing the red cross.
    Warning: be carefull do not screw your database!

At the other hand, if you can't find the user within the database it does not excists there.

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I do not recommend deleting records manually. If you delete only the record in the isp_isp_user table, you destry the referential integrity of the database, as the permission record in isp_nodes and the dependency record in isp_dep is not deleted.

8. Hans

Thank you for your advise Till, i apriciate it of course, but do you have any other solution for t_ras?

If he can not create the user he wants and it is not visible in ISPConfig and not in /etc/postfix/virtusertable, what can he do now?

Strange no?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  9. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please check if that user is listed in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users. That file contains all usernames that existed on the system when ISPConfig was installed. Whenever you create a new user with ISPConfig, ISPConfig checks that file in order to avoid creating a user twice.

10. Hans

Yes of course, that is better and should be checked first!

By the way, congratulations with Germany (3) - Portugal (1).
    Holland could not make it against them :(

11. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Thanks a lot! :) Was a great tournament, and I'm a little bit sad that it's over... :(