Can't enable SSH access for users

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by TheFuzzy0ne, Aug 7, 2008.

1. TheFuzzy0ne

TheFuzzy0ne New Member

Hi there.

I've just tried to add a test account with SSH access (by checking the box for "Shell Access"), but for some reason I can't actually login with that information. I've removed the user prefix, so usernames shouldn't be prefixed with "web1_" etc, but I'm wondering if there is a different name for users to login with using SSH. I can login to the control panel using the set username and password. Shouldn't the SSH username and password be the same?

Is there any way to list all users on the system outside of ISPConfig? I'm running Ubuntu 8.04.

EDIT: I've just checked out my/etc/passwd file, and only two new users have been added, which I believe is for anonymous FTP access.

Thanks in advance.

Daz.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  2. TheFuzzy0ne

TheFuzzy0ne New Member

OK, I fixed the problem here. I realised that I hadn't actually set the username and password as I assumed it would be done automatically.

The test account is able to view everyone elses Web sites through SSH. How can I stop this. I'm assuming that chmod o-r will stop some things like PHP from working, right?

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

4. TheFuzzy0ne

TheFuzzy0ne New Member

Many thanks! Who would have thought I've been using Linux as a Desktop and server environments for almost 3 years now... Although in fairness, this is the first time I've actually been root on the server.