Can't get MailScanner right

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by brownr26, Aug 29, 2008.

1. brownr26

brownr26 New Member

Hello all,

I'm very close to having my Perfect SpamSnake. During boot up I see the following errors:

Unable to initialise database connection: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) at /etc/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm line 82

and

Could not use Custom Function code MailScanner::CustomConfig::InitMailWatchLogging, it could not be "eval"ed. Make sure the module is correct with perl -wc at /usr/share/MailScanner//MailScanner/Config.pm line 873

I know the problems are staring me in the face, but I don't know how to fix them. Could someone please translate these to a more informative idea for me?

thank you,
    Robert

2. topdog

topdog Active Member

you need to edit Mailwatch.pm and add the correct mysql user and password.

3. brownr26

brownr26 New Member

You Da Man

How could I miss that?

Thank You!!

4. brownr26

brownr26 New Member

Spoke too soon

No errors when I start MailScanner now. However, when I try to view it in Webmin - I see that "MailScanner is not currently running". Here's the kicker - I can start the process and do not get any errors and it appears to start. Also, if I list processes I see MailScanner listed... twice. Am I missing something?

5. topdog

topdog Active Member

Check your webmin module config, as for the processes, mailscanner opens several child processes so seeing that is normal

6. brownr26

brownr26 New Member

Can't find module config

I know I had to set this up during the configuration but I can't now. Where is the webmin module config.

7. topdog

topdog Active Member

I have not used that in a long time but i remember you click the link on the top left on the module page

8. boyandhisdog

boyandhisdog New Member

There is a part of the setup that fixes the folder delete issue. The section is crossed out but I found it necessary to perform those steps anyway.

The service will run even without the pid the webmin module looks for to identify that it is running.