Can't have duplicated user id for mail? & Can't receive mail

Discussion in 'General' started by webking, Apr 17, 2007.

1. webking

webking New Member

Hi hi,

I can't seem to find the answers around here so I ask.

1. I have multiple domains on the server. If I have a "sales" at domain1, then I can't have the same "sales" user name when I create in the mail section. So how can we have the same user name such as [email protected] and [email protected]?

2. Can't have 2 users on a domain? I created the first user "sales" for domain1.com, then mail seems to work for "sales". But when I create a second one called "support", mail can not be received from outside or localhost? what's happening?

2. webking

webking New Member

something is wrong

I can create "sales" user name but can't receive mail. But if I create anything else like "helloworld" id, I can receive mail from. What's worng with the user "sales" as well as "support" ? I dont get it. And what about same username for mail but for different domains?

Please explain. THankssssssssssss

3. webking

webking New Member

Solved 1 problem

I've read the other post regarding "sales" and "support" usernames. If you look at the:

/etc/aliases

you will find:

sales : postmaster
    support : postmaster

you need to remove those aliases and it'll work, else those incoming messages for sales and support will go to postmaster account and that's not what you want. :D

But I still can't figure out how have to have the same user name go to a different domain. uhmmmm

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You mix up usernames and email addresses. You can have a sales@ email address for every domain. I guess you removed the username prefix, you must add the prefix again.