Cant install Two joomla sites due to (ISPC?) mixing them together

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Appie Thrasher, May 15, 2015.

1. Appie Thrasher

Appie Thrasher Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have a major problem with my newly fresh installed server ISPC 3 with DB8 the perfect setup.
    When I install a Joomla site al is working. If I try to install a different Joomla site al sites are broken up at one point (blank page) at front site and at the backend site. At first I thought I installed server wrong or used the wrong php-mod (that's why my other threats the couple of days about what php-mod to use) installed the server at least three times from scratch already....
    Today I finally get some sort of direction what is wrong.
    Installed a joomla site back with Akeeba Pro and it worked fine. after I try to install a second one (fresh joomla install) I get a blank page, when I chance php-fpm to fast-cgi and try the fresh Joomla install again this works for now. But my other site stops working with this code:
    Code:
    Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/site/libraries/vendor/joomla/application/src/AbstractApplication.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client1/web7/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web7/private:/var/www/clients/client1/web7/tmp:/var/www/musicfromhell.nl/web:/srv/www/musicfromhell.nl/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin) in /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/site/libraries/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 354

Fatal error: Class 'Joomla\Application\AbstractApplication' not found in /var/www/clients/client1/web7/web/libraries/joomla/application/base.php on line 20
    As you can see if you read the code there are 2 sites listed in it client1 site7 and client1 site2. This was site7 and was working okay before I tried to install the other one in site2

I am getting crazzy by now trying to get it to work.... is this a bug I stumbled upon?

Appie

J. Suomi likes this.
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can run as many jooma installs on one ispconfig server as you have free disk space, so a few hundred installs should not be a problem on a current server.

The problem is the joomla instal here and not ispcnfig, it seems as if you copied the same joomla install over from one website to anpother without changing all paths in the config files and database, so that the joomla config file or database of the second site still contains the paths from the first site which will cause an error as you can not load a library or config file of web2 while your site is in web7.

3. Appie Thrasher

Thought so my self checked conf and db manually, and there was nothing wrong so that's why I decided to start fresh again with just a fresh downloaded joomla install. Even than after a fresh uploaded joomla install if I go to the site to install the joomla site I get (sometimes) blank page... Sometimes I can install fine and get a blank page after a wile.
    I agree it has something to do with joomla or the php-mod's because the shop (magento) is working fine on the same website..

4. till

Take a look at the error.log of the website. A blank page is a php or ressource error like not enough php memory, you find the reason for these errors on the error.log.

5. Appie Thrasher

Still open base dir faults, and yes I chanced the client Id overnight from 1 to 3 to give that a chance also:
    PHP:
     [Sat May 16 12:06:49.678423 2015] [:error] [pid 31167] [client 84.24.164.146:63217FastCGIserver "/var/www/clients/client3/web7/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-musicfromhell.nl" stderrPHP messagePHP Warning:  realpath(): open_basedir restriction in effectFile(/var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/site/libraries/fofis not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client3/web7/web:/var/www/clients/client3/web7/private:/var/www/clients/client3/web7/tmp:/var/www/musicfromhell.nl/web:/srv/www/musicfromhell.nl/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadminin /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/site/libraries/fof/autoloader/fof.php on line 54
    [Sat May 16 12:06:49.678503 2015] [:error] [pid 31167] [client 84.24.164.146:63217FastCGIserver "/var/www/clients/client3/web7/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-musicfromhell.nl" stderrPHP messagePHP Warning:  file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effectFile(/var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/site/libraries/vendor/joomla/application/src/AbstractApplication.phpis not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client3/web7/web:/var/www/clients/client3/web7/private:/var/www/clients/client3/web7/tmp:/var/www/musicfromhell.nl/web:/srv/www/musicfromhell.nl/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadminin /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/site/libraries/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 354
    [Sat May 16 12:06:49.678514 2015] [:error] [pid 31167] [client 84.24.164.146:63217FastCGIserver "/var/www/clients/client3/web7/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-musicfromhell.nl" stderrPHP messagePHP Fatal error:  Class 'Joomla\\Application\\AbstractApplication' not found in /var/www/clients/client3/web7/web/libraries/joomla/application/base.php on line 20
    and I notice that its a fastcgi server message but site is using php-fpm, but maybe this is nothing?

6. Appie Thrasher

Just a little update If I edit the file folder.php /web/libraries/joomla/filesystem and comment out the line
    PHP:
    // We need to get and explode the open_basedir paths
                //$obd = ini_get('open_basedir');
    the Joomla install woks fine. Only after install of this fresh Joomla site my other working Joomla site immediately stops working, getting a blank page. So somehow my sites are using the same open_base I am thinking. in ISPC at the webconfiguration the open_basedir are just fine as far I can see
    Code:
    var/www/clients/client3/web7/web:/var/www/clients/client3/web7/private:/var/www/clients/client3/web7/tmp:/var/www/musicfromhell.nl/web:/srv/www/musicfromhell.nl/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin
    nothing pointed to the client1 web2 site???

7. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

You should check the website in client3/web7 for anything that uses the path client1/web2, e.g. try
    Code:
    cd /var/www/clients/client3/web7/web
    grep -r 'client1/web2' *
    Maybe there is something wrong in the website configuration that tries to access a path outside it's own web (or vice versa).

8. Appie Thrasher

Crodon thanks for thinking along with me, but I think I solved the problem (keeping my fingers crossed).
    I chanced from php-fpm to fast-cgi and don't use the joomla ftp any more, until now all is working fine. On my old server setup I had to use the joomla ftp to get things working, so I assumed I should use it again, apparently not.

The one thing I still find very strange is the fact, that when I used the Joomla ftp with the correct ftp settings to that site its able to mes up all other sites?? For mine setup its not okay but I only host my own sites and from 1 friend of mine, but what if you host for real clients and a other one starts using joomla's ftp, you would have a big problem.

9. till

Joomla ftp can not mess up other sites, unless you maybe enter ftp details of a wrong site. The reason for that is that a ftp user of a site can access only files of that site, so it is not possible that a ftp user of site a changes a file in site b.