can't login into ispconfig

Discussion in 'General' started by Tomislav Aurednik, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Sometimes I just can't login to Ispconfig. When I press login it just redirects to login page and no error message for wrong password.
    Have to use different browsers and sometimes non of them will let me login.
    What is the problem?

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

check, that your mysql-server is running and shows no errors when you can't login

3. When this is happening there are no mysql errors and mysql-server is running. It's wierd that if you can't login using firefox or chrome you can when you try loging in with edge.
    The ispconfig login site looks like it does not submit the username and password.

4. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I never had such a problem. Sometimes firefox and chrome won't work with a self-signer-cert.

5. We're not using self-singed cert but a comodo cert.

6. OK... I've gotten the chrome dev console log from a client that can't login into the control panel, but he could login from edge at the same time.

ispconfig.js:503 {useLoadIndicator: false, useComboBox: false}
    jquery.min.js:4 GET https://mydomain.si:8080/login/dashboard/dashboard.php 404 (Not Found)
    send @ jquery.min.js:4
    ajax @ jquery.min.js:4
    loadInitContent @ ispconfig.js:327
    (anonymous) @ ispconfig.js:772
    dispatch @ jquery.min.js:3
    r.handle @ jquery.min.js:3
    trigger @ jquery.min.js:3
    triggerHandler @ jquery.min.js:3
    ready @ jquery.min.js:2
    I @ jquery.min.js:2
    jquery.min.js:4 GET https://mydomain.si:8080/login/nav.php?nav=side 404 (Not Found)
    loadMenus @ ispconfig.js:365
    loadInitContent @ ispconfig.js:352
    jquery.min.js:4 GET https://mydomain.si:8080/login/keepalive.php 404 (Not Found)
    keepalive @ ispconfig.js:490
    loadInitContent @ ispconfig.js:353

This started to happen when we went to new servers and a new version of ispconfig. On the old servers we used 3.0.5 and now we're using 3.1.

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The 404 errors are fine, they must happen on the login page, so that's not the source of your problem. My guess is that there is either a session problem (client might try to delete cookies and browser cache) or he uses some browser plugins whch block javascript or other parts of the ISPConfig UI.

Personally, I did not had any login problems in 3.1 yet, no matter which server or browser I used.

8. Ok... i removed all cookies cleared the browser cache and removed the saved password on chrome that it let me login. Now to tell that to every client will be a problem, they don't all know how to do that.

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What you can try on the server side is that you delete the content of the ispconfig session database. The problem is either related to sessions that were created in ISPConfig 3.0.5.x and are still active in ISPConfig 3.1 or the browsers of the clients have still some old files from ISPConfig 3.0.5 cached while your system uses 3.1 now.