Can't login to ISPC3 after porting from Suse 12 to Debian 7

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Cracklefish, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Cracklefish

Cracklefish Member

I struggled to get the system to work under Suse 12 and had to leave the mail on a suse11 machine. Attempting to upgrade to 13 has finally caused me to end my support for it since Suse 7 so I decided tp move to Debian 7.8 after reading a comment that the installation could be completed in 45 minutes, I must have misread that as it took 4.5 hours.
    After porting the sites and database from the suse machine and adjusting all the symlinks, all the websites are working fine and so is phpmyadmin but logging in to ispc3 fails for all users, pure-ftp connections fail at password authentication and pop3 connections also fail. It looks like ispc3 can't access the db.
    I have followed the suggestions in an old thread but
    apt-get install --reinstall php5-mysql
    didn't help.
    I can log into mysql locally and via phpmyadmin.

I don't recognise the password in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php itis not present in the sys_user table.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The password in the file is the mysql password of the user ispconfig, it is not related to sys_user table.

3. Cracklefish

Cracklefish Member

Thanks for that.
    I think I might have stumbled upon the problem. When I ported the databases I copied all the databases not just dbispconfig and users databases so effectively I have overwritten the debian setup with an open suse 11 setup.

Can I recover from this by just reinstalling MySQL?
    Is it safe to copy the dbispconfig from the old system?

4. till

Take the password of the ispconfig mysql user from config.inc.php file, then login to phpmyadmin and set this password for the ispconfig user in mysql so that ispconfig can connect to its database again.

5. Cracklefish

Cracklefish Member

I did try that and it didn't work but after reading your post I rebooted and now I have ispconfig access. Thank you.
    At Shutdown:
    stopping MySQL fails
    and during boot up I get:
    [....] Starting IMAP/POP3 server: dovecotERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

6. till

Add 2 new users with phpmyadmin, both with the name "debian-sys-maint" and give them all permissions, the first user should have access from "localhost", the second one from "127.0.0.1". Use the password that you find in the file /etc/mysql/debian.cnf for this user.

Debian needs this user and it was removed by installing the mysql dump from opensuse, thats why you have to add it again.