can't receive email

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mwebb, Jan 15, 2006.

1. mwebb

mwebb New Member

register setting
    A records:
    ___________.mikeswebb.com points to 69.154.62.142
    *.mikeswebb.com points to 69.154.62.142
    mail.mikeswebb.com points to 69.154.62.142

mx records:
    host name: mikeswebb.com
    pirority: low
    mailserver: mail.mikeswebb.com.

public ip address = 69.154.62.142
    web site is mikeswebb.com

unable to receive email. using thunderbird to receive. tried two different setting for internal lan i used pop server and smtp server addresses of 192.168.3.4 (address of internal ispconfig machine) using this setting thunderbird ask me for my user password a give it and it says no new messages on the server. also tried receiving mail from the outside changed pop server setting to mail.mikeswebb.com, asked me for my password and then told me their were no new messages on the server.
    user name for both attempts is mwebb

have sent 3 messages to [email protected] via hotmail. no error messages are returned to me with my hotmail email client.

under ispconfig i have setup a web site called mikeswebb.com, web site is working. check off create dns, create dns mx, ftp access, mailuser login, created user/email user named web8_mwebb: setting for web8_mwebb are, email address [email protected], web space mb 10, mailspace mb 10.

don't even know were to start to try and find this problem.

ps have waited 48 hrs for A record and MX records to be changed.
    also i can send emails out using [email protected]

2. mwebb

mwebb New Member

WAIT A MINUTE I THINK I FOUND IT !!!!
    changed user name to web8_mwebb starting to get messages.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Sounds like you mixed up ISPConfig users (resellers and clients) and system users (the ones created under each web site's "User & Email" tab.