Can't receive mails

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Jazzperson, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Jazzperson

Jazzperson New Member

Hi

I have a major problem - can't receive mails (pop3 and web) on my newly installed "The Perfect Setup - Debian Etch" (everything else works fine). When i'm trying to login with SquirrelMail, i get this message:
    Code:
    ERROR: IMAP server closed the connection.
    Server responded:* BYE [ALERT] Fatal error: Maildir: No such file or directory 
    My mail.log and main.cf is attached.:)

Attached Files:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Plaese enable the maildir chcekbox in ISPConfig under management > server > settings on the mail tab.

3. Jazzperson

Jazzperson New Member

Hi till

Done - now i can login to the webmail, but i stille don't any receive mails..:confused:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  4. Jazzperson

Jazzperson New Member

Code:
    Jul 23 14:09:57 is1 postfix/smtp[1388]: C93AE6EC069: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0.15, delays=0.12/0.02/0/0, dsn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail for is1.inetservers.eu loops back to myself)
    Jul 23 14:09:57 is1 postfix/bounce[1390]: warning: inet_protocols: IPv6 support is disabled: Address family not supported by protocol
    Jul 23 14:09:57 is1 postfix/bounce[1390]: warning: inet_protocols: configuring for IPv4 support only

Can it have something to do with the missing IPv6 support?

5. Jazzperson

Jazzperson New Member

Code:
    Jul 23 09:24:09 is1 postfix/smtpd[23801]: warning: TLS library problem: 23801:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:122:fopen('/etc/postfix/ssl/cacert.pem','r'):
    Jul 23 09:24:09 is1 postfix/smtpd[23801]: warning: TLS library problem: 23801:error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file:bss_file.c:125:
    Jul 23 09:24:09 is1 postfix/smtpd[23801]: warning: TLS library problem: 23801:error:0B084002:x509 certificate routines:X509_load_cert_crl_file:system lib:by_file.c:274:
    Humm..:confused:

6. Jazzperson

Jazzperson New Member

Oh - there was some errors in local-host-names.. Everything is fine now..:)

7. bswinnerton

bswinnerton New Member

I was having the same problem as well, then did the checkbox and i could login, however now i cannot send nor recieve mail as well.

What did you mean there were some errors? and how did you correct them, or anyone for that matter?

8. bswinnerton

bswinnerton New Member

Okay figured out the receiving part, it was because my firewall was blocking port 25. Sending however, i am having trouble with.

Can someone point me in the right direction to start troubleshooting the sending of mail?

thanks.

PS (I'm running squirrelmail and i just noticed that i have no sent or outbox or anything such as that on the left pane. All that is there is inbox, could that have anything to do with it?

9. bswinnerton

bswinnerton New Member

Alright, i think that i have figured it out. I had to call my ISP and ask them to unblock outgoing requests for port 25.