Can't recover connection to web app after migration !

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Keoz, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Keoz

Keoz Member

Hello,

I migrated the whole web, mail, and database contents from a source server (running Ubuntu 16.04) to a target new server (running Ubuntu 18.04); and DNS records were change for a PLAYLISTS WEB APP to be redirected to the new server IP. I have verified by FTP connection that all folders and files of the app were migrated to the new server (and they were) !

But unlike a WEBSITE that was also migrated, when I call my PLAYLISTS WEB APP URL (hereunder) in browser, I am returned twice this ERROR MESSAGES.

www.playlists.mydomain.net
    Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

As the backup of the WEB APP was also migrated, I clicked on both buttons to restore the web and db of the app, but it has not changed (still the same error message).

What would you advise me to do to recover connection to my playlists ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you wait 24 hours for the dns change? Did you verify that the subdomain now really points to the new server? Did you check the error.log of that website on the new server to see what the reason of the error message is?

3. Keoz

Keoz Member

I looked within the db in PhpMyadmin and for most of the files clicked, the corresponding page is displayed with and ERROR ALERT that points to the end of the page where I can read what follows (but I don't understand the meaning of it) :

Warning in ./libraries/sql.lib.php#613
    [​IMG] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Backtrace
    ./libraries/sql.lib.php#2128: PMA_isRememberSortingOrder(array)
    ./libraries/sql.lib.php#2079: PMA_executeQueryAndGetQueryResponse(
    array,
    boolean true,
    string 'c1uplaylists2',
    string 'playlist_track',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    string '',
    string './themes/pmahomme/img/',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    string 'SELECT * FROM `playlist_track`',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    )
    ./sql.php#221: PMA_executeQueryAndSendQueryResponse(
    array,
    boolean true,
    string 'c1uplaylists2',
    string 'playlist_track',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    string '',
    string './themes/pmahomme/img/',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    string 'SELECT * FROM `playlist_track`',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    )

4. till

That's a bug in the phpmyadmin version of the OS you installed, that's neither related to the Migration nor to ISPConfig and it does not indicate any problems with the database. it's just a phpmyadmin bug in the package of that Linux Distribution. just click on ok or ignore or whatever 'go further' option phpmyadmin shows, it will work then.

5. Keoz

Keoz Member

As showed in terminal as result of command line “dig a domainname.ext“ I can confirm that the propagation was ended and that the app now points to the new server IP !

6. Keoz

Keoz Member

How on this forum can I remove a thread that I initiate ?

7. till

I guess you can hide posts only, not threads that other users answered. But you can send me a pm which thread you want to get removed and I'll remove it then.

8. Keoz

Keoz Member

How on this forum can I remove a thread that I have initiated ?

9. Keoz

Keoz Member

I did as you told me and “ignore“ the error message in PhpMyadmin, but it keeps being displayed....
    I am also awaiting a reply from the web app developper, because the error page in browser looks like it emanates from the app itself...!

10. till

See answer #7 in this thread.

Yes, that's the bug in phpmyadmin, it will display it again on the next action that you make. I've no idea why Ubuntu released this buggy package and is not fixing it. When you enter the error message in google then you can find instructions on how to fix it: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...t-be-an-array-or-an-object-that-implements-co

Yes, the error is very likely from the app itself. maybe it does not support the PHP version that you use on the new server, I guess you use Ubuntu 18.04 now which ships with PHP 7.2 and not all software supports that new PHP version yet. That's why I suggested that you take a look at the error.log of the website, it might contain useful error messages which might help the developer of that app to help you fix the installation.