Can't send email anymore?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by jpcyrenne, Feb 11, 2020.

1. jpcyrenne

jpcyrenne Member HowtoForge Supporter

This is probably more of a Postfix issue than ISPConfig, but it is an ISPConfig setup that was working.
    Ubuntu 18.04.02 / ISPConfig 3.1.13p1
    A user reported she can't sent emails anymore. I tested it with a simple mail command as root and it didn't work for me either.

# cat /var/log/mail.log |grep jpcyrenne
    Feb 10 21:46:29 hote3 postfix/error[25547]: D0C12360661: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0.13, delays=0.1/0/0/0.02, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused)
    Feb 10 21:49:48 hote3 postfix/smtp[25863]: C5BE9360681: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0.11, delays=0.1/0.01/0/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused)

I double checked the /etc/postfix/master.cf configurations.
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...l-pureftpd-bind-postfix-doveot-and-ispconfig/

I added the sending domain it he Email/Domain section of ISPConfig. There is no Email Mailbox.

I restarted postfix and even restarted the server to be sure all services were restarted... no success (as root in shell).

Thanks ahead for your help.

JP

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you changed the configuration, that may be why e-mail is not working now.
    When you have a working system, and it suddenly stops working, do not change configuration. Search for the error and fix that error.
    Your ISPConfig version is not the latest, consider updating.
    For the e-mail problem, start with https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/please-read-before-posting.58408/
    Then, are all services running now?
    Code:
    systemctl --state=failed

3. jpcyrenne

jpcyrenne Member HowtoForge Supporter

@Taleman, thank you for your response.
    I only added the domain because it wasn't working (trying stuff since it only had a website). Maybe it did the trick? This morning, when I check, I see my emails from last night have come in. About 40 minutes after I posted this thread?

- I still updated the ISPConfig to 3.1.15p2 (good practice)
    - I rant the trouble shooting script (nice tool I'll keep in my arsenal - thanks again). Everything did look good in there.
    - # systemctl --state=failed
    0 loaded units listed. Pass --all to see loaded but inactive units, too.
    To show all installed unit files use 'systemctl list-unit-files'.

Thank you once again,
    JP