Can't set blank hostname

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pendland, Mar 30, 2007.

1. pendland

pendland New Member

Postfix version 2.2.11 / Fedora Core 6

Under ISP Site, I can't set the hostname to a blank field. When I set it to nothing, it seems to work but the default www keeps being placed in as host every time I gop back to the ISP Site screen. This is fine until I change an email user and I get:

[email protected] in virtusertable.

If I go back and set hostname to a blank, virtusertable is corrected. This lasts until the next time I add a new user. When I add a new user ALL users are back to:

[email protected]

I have tried a blank - it works but the default of www comes back on any change. I have tried -1 and - but this is not correct. If you do in fact set it to something e.g. 2 it saves this and it works fine and it saves it, but blanks are not working.

Any suggestions on correcting this would be very appreciated. . .

Thanks,
    Bob

2. pendland

pendland New Member

UPDATE:

If I set the hostname blank first then add a new email user, it works fine, so I would assume that if I can find a way so that hostname will not autofill with www if it is blank, it should be fixed.

I wish I knew PHP programming but I am quite weak in that area. . .

If anyone might have a suggestion as to what to do to what file I would be most greatful.

Thanks,
    Bob

3. pendland

pendland New Member

UPDATE2:

When I click on IP Site and do not make any changes then click on User & Email, the virtusertable is changed for that domain.

e.g. from [email protected] to [email protected].

This tells me that once you change from the Basis screen to any other tab the program saves what is currently in Basis; therefore, the hostname www keeps popping in the hostname field and this is a big problem unless you set it to blanks before you click on a tab.

Anyones have any ideas on this?

Thanks,
    Bob

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats no problem at all.

You can not set a blank hostname, the hostname must always be set in ISPConfig, thats why it is filled automtically in case you forgot to set it. ISPConfig adds a co-domain with empty hostname automatically for you. If the co-domain is not created automatically, you set the domain limit too low.

5. pendland

pendland New Member

Thanks for the reply. That indeed fixed my problem.

Thanks again,
    Bob