Can't update webserver

Discussion in 'General' started by ITI, Aug 3, 2017.

1. ITI

ITI Member

We have a multi-server setup and all the permissions on the web-server were accidentally changed to 0755.
    I have managed to recover/correct most of the file and folder permissions however the ispconfig server can't write/update the webserver.
    i.e. A change to a website in ispconfig shows the red populating servers icon and remains because nothing is being written to the webserver.
    It's as if it can not access the webserver.
    Can anyone help me with what files/dirs/systems are being accessed on the webserver so that I can correct the permissions (access).
    Thanks
    Glen

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

that job is run by cron, make sure root has a cronjob:
    Code:
    # crontab -l
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh 2>&1 | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron.sh 2>&1 | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done

Make sure /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh is executable (mode 750). Try running server.sh manually and see what errors you might get.

3. ITI

ITI Member

Not quite but you got me to the right place...
    While I still updated the perms as you suggested it didn't solve the problem.
    I had to update some cron files to finish it off.
    Code:
    chmod 0644 $(find /etc/cron.d/ -type f)
    chmod 0644 /etc/crontab
    chmod 0644 /var/spool/cron/root

Thanks for you help or I'd still be looking.